Are the average side effects of using steroids for ten years worse than the average side effects of playing, say, football for ten years? Obviously this will depend on how you are using steroids, what position you play, and many other factors. But we encourage our kids to play football, and strongly discourage them from using steroids. The argument is always made that we don’t want children and high school athletes destroying their bodies by using steroids, but they can do just as much damage playing a sport like football. And for professional athletes, who are essentially destroying their bodies for a living, what’s wrong with them taking a performance enhancing drug to improve performance in their profession? Some people argue that steroids should be banned to retain purity in sports. Well, for my arguments against that, see Twitter: SportCynic.
- RT @billbarnwell: According to @nytimes ( nytimes.com/interactive/20…), the Eagles are now the favorites to win the NFC East. 36% chance after C… 2 years ago
- @BillSimmons Losing you was my worst loss in 3 1/2 years.... 2 years ago
- RT @BillSimmons: That's the worst Celtics loss in 3 and 1/2 years. 2 years ago
- @Yahdaree @NFL Oh great point. I hadn't thought of that! 2 years ago
- .@NFL Yeah, cause he knows in 20 years when he has debilitating brain problems, you won't take care of him. 2 years ago